Monday, April 14, 2014

Fitness Adventures: Challenge 2 - Week 7

MY MAIN QUEST
Over the next 6 weeks, I would like to healthly drop one size which is roughly about 15-18 pounds for me.
Friday Selfie: Week 7: A Challenge is Coming
In order to accomplish this, I plan to:
  • Stick to my diet (I am doing 4 Hour Body diet)
  • Go to the gym 4x a week (stretch/cardio every day and add swimming in 1-2 times a week)
  • Sleep a minimum of 7 hours a night
MY SIDE LIFE QUESTS
  • Read 10 books via audiobook, ebook and regular book. 2 of them need to be off the BBC's Big Read List and 1 needs to be an eBook because I have been neglecting my Kindle Fire
  • Memorize Falstaff's speech from Henry IV (If fat and sugar be a fault) - Teaching Your Kids Shakespeare book recommends learning Shakespeare speeches. I have just finished memorizing "Once more into the breach"
MY MOTIVATION

What I want to do is get into shape to start fencing, but in order to do that, I need to lose roughly 65-85 pounds. This would put me at what I was in high school when I used to fence. I love the sound of swords clashing ever since I was a kid. The last time I lost weight was the freak out I had before turning 30. I lost 60 pounds, but over the last 7.5 years, I have since put it all back on. I didn't have a long term goal. It was all about my birthday. There was nothing beyond that. I think this time having a hard goal will be better and then once I am fencing, then setting the new goals of getting better at fencing will keep me motivated. It also isn't just about losing weight, but getting into shape enough to survive those classes which will be brutal in the best way.

I am starting out as:
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer
[Level: 2STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 3 ]

No comments: