Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Scarred For Life

My friend and I were talking about moments in television that have scarred us for life. These are either tragic, scary, gross, etc. I thought I would give you my top 5 moments starting with the oldest to most recent.

OBVIOUSLY, SPOILER ALERT!

1. V: The Original Mini-Series

What I remember is the aliens revealing themselves as lizards. To this day, when I watch people putting in/taking out their contacts or dentures, I have horrible flashbacks to this series. I couldn't find the right moment on YouTube so the below is the best I can do to show those moments.


2. Twilight Zone

Let me count the ways: mannequins, dummies, dolls, aliens, losing your mind, gremlins, etc. Here just one example:


3. Family Ties - Live

There was a live episode of Family Ties in Season 5 (Ep 24) that was done like a play were Alex is dealing with his friend's death. It was brilliantly done and some of the best acting from Michael J. Fox in that era. It is funny and heart wrenching at the same time. Not the best example, but the only one I could find on YouTube.



4. ER - Season 6

It is not like I particularly cared for either of the characters. I wasn't devastated by what happened. It was how it happened; the music, the composition, etc. Everything about it still sticks with me. It was just so brutal. There was nothing to prepare you for what happened. They didn't promo that something was going to happen. It was mid-season even.


5. Breaking Bad - Season 1

While there are many moments from Breaking Bad, there is one that stands out above the others. They need to dispose of a body. Mr. White tells Jessie to get a specific plastic tub to use with the chemicals in order to dissolve the body. Jesse, instead, uses the bath tub. Later, they need to clean it up.


So there you have it. Moments of television that are engrained in my psyche/soul forever. Maybe later I will post good moments and tear jerking moments.

What are yours?

No comments: