Monday, December 6, 2010

This Past Year in Netflix (Movies)

Back by popular demand (popular demand being Nate mentioned he missed it). I will resurrect my "This Week In Netflix" posts. To catch up from where I left off (Sept. '09), I'll do the same categories I do with my end of year movie reviews. I'll do television shows separately.

The Award Season Awesome/Very Good:
The Brothers Bloom (own DVD)
Brick (DVD)
Paper Heart
Cold Souls (DVD)
The African Queen (They recently re-released it)

The Awesome/Very Good:
Annie Leibovitz: Life Through A Lens (Documentary)

The Award Season Good:
Not Quite Hollywood (Documentary)
The Answer Man
The Merry Gentleman (Michael Keaton directed)
Sliding Doors
The Notorious Bettie Page
The Burning Plain
We Live In Public (Documentary)
Five Minutes of Heaven
Art & Copy (Documentary)

The Good:
City of Ember
Ghost Town
Bottle Rocket
Extract (Mike Judge wrote/direct)
My Brilliant Career
My Bodyguard
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Wall Street
My Sister's Keeper
It's All True (Documentary)
Tron (to remind me for the sequel comes out)

The Guilty Pleasures:
Zombie Strippers (Jenna Jameson quoting Nietzsche)
My Life in Ruins (DVD)
A Perfect Getaway (DVD)
All About Steve

The Just Okay:
Broadway's Lost Treasures (1-3) (Documentary)
Easy Virtue
Requiem for a Dream
Monsters vs. Aliens
Management
Away We Go
Sid & Nancy
Bound
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
L.A. Without A Map
Alvin & the Chipmunks
Munich
The Whole Nine Yards
Sexy Beast
Adam
The Rookie
The Other Man
Reality Bites
Night At The Museum 2
G-Force
The Accidental Husband
Up in the Air
Wonderful World
Circque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
Serious Moonlight
The Blind Side
Couples Retreat
Crazy Heart

Not My Cup of Tea (Not necessarily bad, but not good for me):
Horton Hears A Who
Jackie Brown
Drag Me To Hell
Magnolia
World's Greatest Dad (Bobcat Goldwaite directs)
Descent
District 9
Halloween (2007)
Young Victoria
Astro Boy

The Bad:
Shrink
Spring Breakdown
The Proposal
The Assassination of Jesse James
Coco Chanel (not as good as Coco Before Chanel)
Spread
Student Bodies
It Might Get Loud (Documentary)
Planet 51

The God Awful:
Observe & Report
Year One (so disappointing)
Land of the Lost
Miss Austen Regrets (UGH. Jane Austen and Elizabeth Bennett are not the same thing)
Post Grad
I Hate Valentine's Day
Brothers
Lagerfeld Confidential (Documentary)

Returned the DVD before Finishing it because it was THAT Bad
:
Legally Blond 2: Red, White & Blonde
Humpday
Downloading Nancy
I Sell The Day
Ready to Wear
Black Dynamite (one note joke doesn't work more than 10 minutes)

Tomorrow will be all the TV shows I've been watching.

No comments: