Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The 1st Week in Netflix

How I Met Your Mother: Season 1 (2005) Description from Netflix: When his best friend, Marshall (Jason Segel), announces that he's finally going to wed his longtime girlfriend (Alyson Hannigan), single guy Ted (Josh Radnor) throws his search for a soul mate into high gear. Via flashback, he recounts to his kids (Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie) 25 years later the often-hilarious story of how he met -- and eventually married -- their mother. Neil Patrick Harris plays Ted's barhopping buddy.

I wasn't as into it as I thought I would be. I think I've lost my taste for sitcoms. Neil Patrick Harris is the best part of the series. The best episode has him in need of a wingman and when none of the guys are free, he invites one of the girls who turns out the be an awesome wingman. I'll add season 2 to my queue, but won't movie it up for a while. Too many other priorities ahead of it.


The Natural (1984) Description from Netflix: A bat made from a tree struck by lightning and a passion for baseball define Roy Hobbs (Robert Redford). But when he's shot and severely wounded, his career gets cut short. Years later, Hobbs tries out for a struggling team. He steps to the plate and knocks the ball out of the park in this mythic film that's as epic as America's national pastime.

According to the DVD, I ended up watching the director's cut of the movie. I had only seen clips of the original. I liked the movie a lot and it didn't feel as long as the movie was. I had no idea Michael Madson has been acting that long. First time I ever saw him, was 10 years late in "Reservoir Dogs."

Watching a entire TV series may seem like a slow down, but it was 3 discs. Therefore, I got through the equivalent of 4 movies this week. I'm trying to balance individual movies with TV shows so I have 6 movies until the next TV season.

My Netflix Current Ranking: 12,751 (-581 from last ranking change)

No comments: