Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Last Tuesday in LA...

I got up early and got a bunch of packing done.

The wedding we are going to on Saturday has a request to not wear black. I went in search of a blue skirt (unsuccessfully) and was in a Sears when the earthquake it. It lasted about 15 seconds yet the retartedness and panic lasted for hours. I'm standing there and people are screaming and running for the door. I tried to stop them. You don't go outside for an earthquake. We don't live in a 3rd world country. The buildings aren't going to collapse and if they do being outside isn't going to be much better. The main thing you need to worry about is debris. Broken glass, for instance. Now when windows break, they break out - not in. So WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO BE OUTSIDE WHERE GLASS AND DEBRIS IS GOING TO BE RAINING DOWN ON YOU? Retards. I swear to God. People suck.

Sears employees were even more retarded than most. They make the announcement "All employees to the conference room." I say to the other customers "Does that mean help ourselves?" Seriously, these people have the common sense of ants.

After that, I went and got my car washed since mom and I are going to be spending a fair amount of time in it over the next few days. I came home, ate some left over pizza and then headed to LAX to pick up mom. There was a huge police presence there. I'm assuming because people are retarded.

Mom's flight got in early and we dropped off her stuff and went to dinner with my friend, Theresa, and her 2 and a half year old, JJ. I brought JJ two small toy cars I found while cleaning. He played with them while watching "Cars" on the iPhone. We ate pizza and talked. When we were leaving JJ was being fussy while his Mom was saying hello to some people she ran into. My car was right there so I opened the door and said "JJ, you want to drive?" He dropped both cars and was in the driver's seat in about a split second. He played in there for a bit and I realized that would probably be the last time I saw him before I left. He had a good time and then screamed when his mom finally took him out of the car so they could go home.

We came back to the apartment and watched "Enchanted" and then mom crashed around 10:30p which was 12:30a her time. I crashed 2 hours later.

Today, we are headed to Disneyland!

No comments: