Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Last Monday in LA...

I went to Costco, got some gas for my car since it is cheaper there ($4.20) and asked if the double bookcase that I like was available in Seattle so I wouldn't have to lug it all the way down there. The answer was YES! So, I got that going for me.

I then dropped off a library book that was overdue (*cough* 2002 *cough*).

Next was Best Buy to use a gift card I got as a going away gift. I picked up "Enchanted" and "Dan In Real Life." I've packed most of my DVDs up and wanted something new to watch as I have no cable and need distractions as I pack. If you haven't seen either of those movies, I highly recommend. Both soundtracks will get suck in your head...you've been warned.

After Best Buy was Target to pick up the randomest of items - envelopes, coffee and facial scrub.

Then to the grocery store to use a coupon for batteries for my camera, to the post office for stamps and the eye doctor to pick up my glasses. My contacts aren't ready yet and they may have to mail them to me. I'm hoping they will be in by Friday.

That was all done by 11a. I came back home and packed up the kitchen until I went to lunch with Paul (star of "Two Guys Drinking in a Bar") and his wife Karen at a Chinese restaurant around the corner. They just moved into a house and I took some boxes off their hands. They, in turn, took some tupperware and lawn chairs off my hands.

I got a call from Out of the Closet and they won't be able to pick up the rest of my furniture until Friday morning. By the way, none of my furniture sold. No one came by despite advertising on Craigslist and around the neighborhood. A few friends are taking some items, but the couches and dresser are getting donated.

At this point, I needed a nap so I took one because I could. Mwhahahahahaha.

Got up and packed some more until Mike (creator of "Two Guys Drinking in a Bar") came over and hung out. Later, we met up with Paul and Karen again for dinner. I came back packed some more and crashed around midnight.

Exciting, huh?

No comments: