Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Farewell Lunch

Today my co-workers threw me an AWESOME farewell lunch. I cannot begin to tell you the level of amazing these people are.

It began at 12:30p in the large conference room and it was decorated with balloons and wrapped gifts. They brought in In&Out Burgers which was perfect since I won't be getting them up in Seattle. Then the speeches came. My boss, Kevin Closson, spoke first. Unfortunately, he's been sick all week so his voice was low and the video camera was too far away so I can't post that video. I'm sure he's happy about that.

My other boss from before, Kevin Ellman, with his new assistant, Denize Zavala, wrote and performed a rap for me. This was caught on video perfectly:




In case you weren't able to hear it or the video isn't playing right, these are the words:

Dis-Missin'

she's goin' insane to rock it with cobain
she's givin' up the bucks to kick it at starbucks

(Chorus) she's going back to closson...hmm i don't think so

no more fun in "the sun" with the rain she'll be one
she gonna buy a loft and work at microsoft

(Chorus) she's going back to closson...hmm i don't think so

lookin' stella with umbrella
kickin' it Rockafella
Sleepless in Seattle, is where she'll be
Time to dis KC and miss the Kathy B.

(Chorus) she's going back to closson...hmm i don't think so

(c) Kevin Ellman aka E-Man and Denise Zavala aka D-Nice


After that, their boss, Adina, gave a lovely speech. Then there was opening of the gifts. I'll do another post on all the awesome, awesome gifts once I take some pics of the autographed "Middleman" posters I got. which is just a tip of the iceberg of awesomeness.

I then had my chance to speak which was awkward and odd as you would expect. I suck at that kind of stuff. I have video of it, but since I control what gets posted (mwhahaha), you don't get to see it. I'm not much of a crier so there were no tears, but it will be sad to go. I just don't feel like I'm leaving these people because I know I will talk to them outside of work.

The event was topped off with cupcakes as all events should be.

Everyone was absolutely great the planning was perfect. I thanked them in an email, but I'd like to thank them again here. Thank you Shana, SueAnn, Elawna, Lynn, Monica, Jill and Kevin C. for the perfect going away lunch. As always, you rock. Thanks for Kevin E. and Denise for my rap. I'll give more thanks in a later post when I list the gifts.

No comments: