Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Simple Things...

I've been trying to do a little packing or at least something related to the move every day. I have a far amount of boxes packed up so far. I packed up a lot of my DVDs that I know I won't be watching between now and when I leave, my baking sheet and cupcake sheets, all my books (graphic and regular), but it still didn't seem like I was really moving.

That is until I packed up one thing and then suddenly it seemed real and not only to me, but to my roommate as well. The simplest of things. I took all the magnets off my fridge. Seems silly right? I don't know if it's because I see them everyday or that the fridge seems bare without them. No matter how many boxes I trip over or how many vacuum seal bags of clothes I shrink, nothing has seemed more like I'm leaving than that.

I think the next big thing will be getting rid of the entertainment center. No matter what roommate was here that monstrosity has not moved. I think that will freak me out the most as will all my friends that have just become accustomed to it being as much apart of the apartment as the walls.

No comments: