Friday, June 6, 2008

I felt a great disturbance in the furniture....

As if millions of dust bunnies suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened...

Last weekend, I packed up both my bookcases. I sold one to a friend for the cost of a Starbucks coffee. I figured it was only fair since I paid $5 for it 10 years ago. I pulled it away from the wall and there was a legion of dust bunnies lying in wait. I wiped them out with some orange Pledge and a rag. The dust bunnies were slaughtered, but they had some revenge. Not sure if you know this, but it is very hard to carry a freshly Pledged bookcase. I couldn't get a good hold of it and almost dropped it on my foot.

Because the bookcase is gone, I was able to move my bed and dust underneath it. This is where the army seemed to have set up camp. They even had a few dust rabbits in places. It was so bad in spots that the carpet was grey and you could hold the dust in your hand. I filled a whole canister from the vacuum trying to get them all. In the end, they lost the battle and the war. However, I fear their are other sleeper cells waiting for activation. I must find them before they get me.

Now wasn't that more to read then me just saying "I dusted last weekend"?

No comments: