Friday, April 4, 2008

Posing with Pictures: Dancing About Architecture

In an effort to bring you, my dear readers, more content, I thought I would randomly choose some photos I've taken and show them off. I'll give a little backstory, make a little love and get down tonight.

All of the photos were shot on my pride and joy also known as a Canon Powershot S1. It's a point and shoot camera that has a zoom that just rocks my world.

This week is a two-fer to be explained below:



I believe it was Steve Martin who once said, "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture." Well, taking photos of it isn't much better. I left the shutter open to capture as much of the movement that I could. I know some people aren't fans of the blurry pictures, but I think they work really well when trying to capture the music in a visual medium.

The top shot of the trumpet player is taken at the Derby in Hollywood. He was apart of a house swing band that was performing. The second photo is of the drummer, Richard Jackson, of the band eNation that was playing at the VIP party for a film festival I volunteered at.

No comments: