Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ever Have That Dream...

This past Sunday morning after I left my house, the strangest sequence of events happened.

It began with going to the Starbucks drive through to get a coffee. I had only gotten a few hours of sleep the night before and decided I wouldn't function without some kind of caffeine. I pulled up to the window to see a tip jar. A tip jar at a drive through window. Never have I before in my life seen such a thing and wondered what Mr. Pink from "Reservoir Dogs" would have to say about that.

With coffee in hand, I headed over the hill via Coldwater Canyon. Now there are only a handful of ways to get from the valley into Los Angeles. It is about 8:10am in the morning on Sunday. The entire time I was on Coldwater Canyon (about 10 minutes), I did not see a single car driving in my direction nor in the opposite direction. This has never happened in my experience. This is a heavily traveled road and when I had driven the night before at 2a there were tons of cars.

About halfway over, I noticed the lack of cars and was beginning to worry that maybe I missed some sort of sign that had the road shut down or something. I then drove past a park of about 40 people doing Tai Chi. So after not seeing a soul on the road I suddenly see a bunch moving in slow motion.

At this point, I am now seriously starting to doubt that I am awake. This concern is not disuaged when I get to a red light and David Naughton from "An American Werewolf in London" jogs by listening to his iPod.

I continue driving to my location with a strong belief I'm going to wake up in my bed at any moment and have to do this all over again. I get to where I was headed which happens to be a hotel room filled with make up artists turning three guys into zombies. I whip out my camera and start taking pictures.

Thankfully, despite the odd sequence of completely random events, it was all reality the whole time and I was able to get pictures like this:

No comments: