Friday, May 25, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy

Bob Newhart is on Twitter. When you look at who he follows, it includes Nathan Fillion. I cannot explain the level of joy those two facts bring me.
I am a huge fan of Bob's since I was little. I read his book, "I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This," the moment it came out. I own his comedy albums on vinyl and his best of on CD (which I force on anyone who is unfamiliar with him). I drove an hour and a half by myself to see him live in 2006. I was the youngest person there by a good couple of decades (aside from grandchildren that appeared to be dragged there). I sat in the front row and it was awesome. He told stories and showed clips.
If you are unfamiliar with Bob Newhart, I recommend checking out just about anything he does. There are holes on YouTube you can fall down and spend hours watching his stuff. He did a series of ads for Stamps.com that are hilarious.
Here let me help you get started. Watch how hard he has to try not to laugh at Dean Martin cracking up at him. Such a great routine. "You sure you worked with Jerry?" "Yea, but our stuff wasn't this funny."


No comments: