Monday, January 30, 2012

Resolution Follow Up - Week #4

Some of the resolutions were weekly so here is how I am doing so far after four weeks.

Health Category:
  • Take a yoga class - once a week

I am still convinced that mortal humans are not meant to bend this way, but I am in the minority. Missed class last week due to snow. I did a little better than before. My wrists are still too week to put that much weight on them, but I was able to do and/or hold more poises. Still not my thing, but I understand the importance of stretching.

  • Eat a prepared meal - once a week - that I have not eaten before (counts if it is at a sit down restaurant)

Found a new deli place near work. I had an awesome chicken salad wrap and need to go back on a cheat day to try the "Mountain" (Corn beef, Pastrami, Russian dressing, etc).

Reading Category:
  • 25 Books (50 for the year) and 25% of books on the BBC list of Must Read Books
  • Running total: 7/25 Books (1/6 of the BBC books)
I had a few books reserved, but the first one didn't show up until Thursday. I went in and picked a random audiobook on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday so I had something to listen to at work.

"Airhead" by Meg Cabot is the first book in the series. It was a teen book and a fast read. Basically, a average teen geek girl gets into an accident and has her brain transplanted into the body of the number one teen super model in the world. It was cute and done in a way that didn't seem as hokey as my description. However, I don't think I'll continue with the series.

"Tell-All" by Chuck Palaniuk is a book set in the hay day of the movie industry. It was a slow annoying start, but it got really good. I enjoyed it more than I thought.

"Slaughter House 5" by Kurt Vonnegut. Really enjoyed this. Wasn't sure what to expect. It was non-traditional narrative, but really awesome. I can see how this influenced a lot of people.

Thus concludes my fourth week's update on my Resolutions for 2012. See you again next week!

No comments: