Sunday, January 8, 2012

Resolution Follow Up - Week #1

Some of the resolutions were weekly so here is how I am doing so far after one week.

Health Category:
  • Take a yoga class - once a week

I took my first yoga class at 24 hour fitness where I now have a membership. I was way more stressed out leaving the class than I was going in. The problem with classes like this is there is no beginning, middle or end. So, yelling out poises when I have no idea what she is talking about was a bit stressful. Add to that I am as limber as Frankenstein and you get tighter and tighter muscles instead of looser. Yet, I promised to go so I will continue, but am not expecting much.

  • Eat a prepared meal - once a week - that I have not eaten before (counts if it is at a sit down restaurant)

I did one of each. I made shrimp skewers over brown rice with onions, green and red peppers, and mushrooms. I also went with friends to a wood-fried pizza place and had a chicken and garlic pizza and smores with peanut butter for dessert. It was a cheat day.

Reading Category:
  • 25 Books (50 for the year) and 25% of books on the BBC list of Must Read Books

I finished one book so far. "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde which was awesome, but not on the BBC book list. I have "Little Women" on reserve for next week which is on the list.

Misc. Category:
  • Get 2 haircuts from an actual hairstylist

Haircut number one is done. I went to Habitude in Ballard. I told Candace the purpose of my visit and gave her free reign. The below is the result. The pics were taken by my friend Martha (who also recommended Candace) and I probably need to do a few more, but these are within a half hour of getting it done.

It may not look that different to you, but she lopped off 3 inches and my hair hasn't had layers in 5 years. It's been just a straight cut all the way across with no shape.

So this is as straight as my hair gets (Thanks, Grandma!) She recommended two hair products which I did purchase. The first was Aveda's Phomollient styling foam to help do something. Still not sure on this stuff. The second was Aveda's Be Curly to control frizz and give the curl some control.

Thus concludes my first week's update on my Resolutions for 2012. See you again next week!

No comments: