Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions for 2012: A follow up

So here are the 10 resolutions that my family and friends came up for me (in no particular order):

Photography Category:

  • Start setting up a portfolio website and professional presence (Overdue, really)
  • Make/Customize a photo bag for my camera (I need to have something that is practical and me)
Health Category:
  • Take a yoga class - once a week (I will try, but my back is a wrought iron fence)
  • Eat a prepared meal - once a week - that I have not eaten before (counts if it is at a sit down restaurant) (I tend to eat the same things and they tend to be frozen and then microwaved)
Travel Category:
  • Three trips - one needs to be someone I have never been and one needs to be out of state. It can be day trips, but needs to be over 60 miles one way. (This can be my excuse to finally visit Portland and/or Vancouver)
Reading Category:
  • 25 Books (50 for the year) and 25% of books on the BBC list of Must Read Books (I read 40 books last year and 75% of it was between June and Sept.)
Misc. Category:
  • Have a mani/pedi once a month (This requires me to stop chomping on my nails)
  • Go to the make-up counter at a department store and get a make-over (I am not big on make-up unless the occasions calls for it and even then it is pretty minimal)
  • Get 2 haircuts from an actual hairstylist (I usually go to Super Cuts/Fantastic Sams type place)
  • Buy & wear two dress casual outfits that I wear outside of work (I usually live in jeans and t-shirt outside of work)
Some of the other recommendations didn't meet the SMART criteria, but were well intentioned. I look forward to seeing how this unfolds. Once this is posted, I am committed to doing them.

1 comment:

abstractis said...

Wow, that's a lot of resolutions, but I skimmed through your other post and I see that you had family and friends pick them for you.

I'm more of a make-goals-up-as-I-go kind of person. The goals become more important to me in that way, instead of clumping them all together all at once, but that's just me :)

Good luck!