Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Requirements for the Application

Applicants to the MFA Program must submit the following:

  • Completed Application Form clearly indicating chosen discipline.
  • Application Fee of $100
  • Statement of Intent
  • Summary of Photography Skills and Experience
  • Official College Transcript(s) – Transcripts can be sent directly from the college(s) or can be submitted by the applicant if in a sealed envelope.
  • Resume - Should describe your education background, work experience, and relevant skill set.
  • A portfolio – A professionally presented indication of the applicant’s skills.
I filled out the application form online and submitted my $100. I'll post my statement of intent and my photography skills in another blog post.

I found out that you can order transcripts online and it is a fairly painless process. It's free for unofficial and $5 for official transcripts. Not bad. I'm glad I don't have to pick them up in person or anything silly like that. Otherwise, my sister would have to be impersonating me and traveling to downtown Chicago.

My portfolio will be over several blog posts since I can only so many photos at a time. I'm not going to post my resume to protect the innocent and the guilty.

So, as I'm sure you have noticed. I'm posting more and more. I'm trying to get back in the habit of doing things on a deadline to prepare going back to school. I'm not saying this will be continuing because every time I do, I end up not posting for months. So no guarantees.

No comments: