Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Exercising and Health

Well, I've been slowly trying new things to find a work out routine that I like. So far it has been walking around the lake which is just under 3 miles or 5K for my non-American friends. I do that 3-5 times a week. It takes about an hour.

I tried taking two different water exercise classes - shallow and deep water. I liked the deep water one better, but it didn't get my heart rate up and my shoulders were all out of whack because you hunch over with the way the aqua jogger sits against your back. An aqua jogger is this backbrace looking thing that keeps you afloat so you don't have to think about it while you are working out. The shallow water class was total weaksauce. Basically, literally running around the pool.

Once I have income, I can try other classes. I have a few in mind already, but it will come down to money and time. I was thinking of "Finding Flexibility," "Beginner Yoga" and "Beginner Fencing." Another non-workout class I'm thinking of is "One Singular Sensation" which is a cooking class learning to cook for one.

No comments: