Monday, September 15, 2008

Columbia College Alumni Meeting

Last Thursday night, I attened an alumni meeting. When I contacted them to take me off the LA email list, I found out they actually had one up here.

It was a t Il Fornaio (600 Pine Street, Seattle, Washington 98101) from 7-10p. I showed up at 7:00p and left around 10:40p. It was an Italian resturant (in case the name didn't give it away)and they had a little side room reserved with appetizers and free drinks.

There was about 10-12 people there. Lots of repeating the same information as you meet each of them. It was a good time. Some people have been here in Seattle for years and others fo just mere months. No one I actualy knew or recognized from my time at Columbia.

Sarah who is in charge of all the west coast alumni is a total sweetheart and it was nice to finally meet her in person. I had to stay away from the LA alum because there was an incident prior to Sarah taking over. I was uninvited to the meetings when I voiced an opinion that maybe we should be helping people who just graduated instead of patting people on the back who are already successful. The person in charge was still around so I just steered clear which I was finally able to explain to Sarah why I was avoiding her before. I heard he has now been directing Larry the Cable Guy movies. Serves him right.

Anyway, I met some lovely people and look forward to seeing them again at other functions like watching da Bears.

1 comment:

WSSS admin said...

Hey Kathy,

I didn't know you went to Columbia! So did I!

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Sarah the other night and found her to be a pretty swell person.

Thanks for the overview of the alumni shindig; I always have a ferry boat and a full family schedule to keep me from Seattle when I most want to be in the city, or I would have come and met you in person. Next time, I hope!

Tamara Kaye Sellman
Columbia College Chicago '90
Journalism
and a Bears fan to the end