Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Success!

First off, I am back on the Internet once again! My lack of access at home was extremely annoying. Stupid upgrade of one program made another program not work and viola - it translates into me not being able to get online for a few days. Ain't technology grand?

Second, my scouting trip was also a success. Not only did I completely fall in love with the city, but I got an apartment! I now have a place to call my own...and have my mail forwarded to.

So let me tell you a little about my apartment (I will tell you more about the neighborhood in another post).

It is a one bedroom on the second floor of a three story building. I'm going to guess around 700 sq. feet. not including the balcony. It's carpeted and comes with both a fridge and a stove. Sadly, no laundry in the apartment itself. It is $20 less than what I am paying now for my half of my current rent. $25 a month for gas, water and garbage. The roof is designed so you can go up there and hang out.

Next door to my apartment is the Fire Department. Across the street is a Quiznos. Two blocks away is the beginning of the park district (more on this later when I discuss the neighborhood). Three blocks away is a Starbucks, two other coffee shops, Baskin and Robbins and an awesome little bar and grille. Four blocks away is the public library. These are just some of the things I know about already.

I wasn't able to take many pictures because I was in a hurry, but are a few I was able to snap.


Front:
Back:

No comments: