Monday, March 10, 2014

Fitness Adventures: Part 1: History

Grade School
I have been overweight my whole life. My weight slowly climbed up to about 190 pounds by my freshman year in high school. By the time I graduated, it was up to 230. In my freshman year of college, I dropped down to 195 which is the lowest I have been in my adult life. It lasted until I graduated and then the weight just start climbing. Over the next 7 years, I put on 85 more pounds and really did nothing to stop it from happening.
7 years out of college
Then 7 months before I turned 29,  I kind of freaked out. I found an exercise program that I liked and lost 60 pounds before my birthday. My birthday coincided with the Malibu mini-triathlon which I did most of (long story short - there were issues, but I did my best).


Over the last 9 years, I let all the weight build right back up.


So, it is time to have a freak out again.

Next up: Part 2: Nerd Fitness

No comments: