Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Resolutions - Wrap Up

I set out to do two sets of resolutions. One from January to June and one from July to December. That didn't work out so much and I ended up just doing the first list.

So here are the 10 resolutions (in no particular order):

Photography Category:
  • Start setting up a portfolio website and professional presence
I did buy the domain name and paid for the hosting, but haven't really worked on it since. I do have the foundation at least.
  • Make/Customize a photo bag for my camera 
I totally built a camera bag from a diaper bag, some foam and geeky patches. It came out great!

Health Category:
  • Take a yoga class - once a week 
Failed. I tried it a few times and I think my main issue is that they have all levels of yoga in one class. I felt that I had no idea what I was doing and the teacher had no interest in really fixing that.
  • Eat a prepared meal - once a week - that I have not eaten before (counts if it is at a sit down restaurant) 
Mostly failed for the last half of the year, but did decent for the first half. Found a few new places to eat, but the making food part just didn't happen.

BONUS: However, I have lost 25 pounds, 4" and one dress size over this year. I'm down to no cream and only two Splenda in my coffee. I have not had a pop (Diet or otherwise) since May 20th.Technically, I haven't had anything carbonated since then either.

Travel Category:
  • Three trips - one needs to be somewhere I have never been and one needs to be out of state. It can be day trips, but needs to be over 60 miles one way. 
Success! I made it out of the state twice! I went home to Chicago for my Grandma's wake/funeral and got to spend some time with my family. I did a road trip down to the bottom of Oregon to see some live Shakespearean theater (Henry V) with friends. The third trip was taking two friends to Port Townsend for some sea glass picking and photo taking at the fort.

Reading Category:
  • 25 Books (50 for the year) and 25% of books on the BBC list of Must Read Books (I read 40 books last year and 75% of it was between June and Sept.)
Success and then some! 61 total books read and 14 of them off the BBC list with 9 books that have come out in the last year and half. I've really been using my Kindle more and falling asleep reading in lieu of falling asleep to a movie. I don't get through as many audiobooks at work as I used to, but have been able to knock out a good chunk.

Misc. Category:
  • Have a mani/pedi once a month     
I did the first three months and decided this just wasn't for me. It was expensive and to be done right needed to be about every two weeks. I think I'll do it every once and a while.
  • Go to the make-up counter at a department store and get a make-over 
Failed! Came close twice, but the timing didn't work out.
  • Get 2 haircuts from an actual hairstylist 
Success! Four haircuts! I like my stylist who my friend recommended.
  •  Buy and wear two dress casual outfits that I wear outside of work 
Success! It happened in the later half of the year. I did get a fancy dress, but have yet to find a reason to wear it. I did wear a skirt/dress upwards of 12 times, I think. I am in boots as much as sneakers. However, I also discovered Woot t-shirts and my t-shirts have more than doubled in size. I have several new favorite T-shirts now that are geeky. My newest one has a tree reading a Kindle and a Telsa related shirt arriving soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Resolution.. I have difficulties achieving my resolutions last year.. =)