Monday, August 24, 2009

Julie & Julia

Amy Adams stars in this truth-inspired tale as Julie Powell, a disenchanted government secretary who decides to enliven her uneventful life by cooking all 524 recipes outlined in Julia Child's culinary classic Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Based on Powell's book Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen, director Nora Ephron's heartwarming dramedy also stars Meryl Streep as legendary chef Child.

Disappointing. They didn't make the food a character so you don't walk out of the movie hungry. They didn't tie up a few loose ends either. Left me with a bunch of questions. I guess I will have to read the book.

Meryl Streep was perfect and they could have just done the whole movie of just her storyline. She and Stanley Tucci had great chemistry.

They did show the Dan Ackroyd skit in the movie which is what I think of when I hear Julia Child's name.

No comments: