Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Penny Pinching...

In an effort to save some money, I have cut my Netflix down to one at a time. Thankfully, I can watch unlimited movies on Netflix Instant. This is a feature of Netflix where you can watch movies online. It's great, but part of the problem is if you are doing that, you really can't do anything else on the computer.

I like to watch movies as background noise while I'm doing things like going through my photos or paying bills, etc. Since I cut down on my Netflixing, I have been going through my movies. I decided to start alphabetically. Not perfectly, but one letter at a time. Some movies I watch regularly already and some I haven't seen in a while.

So in the last few weeks I have watched:

  • 10 Things I Hate About You (Still awesome, but sad to see Heath)
  • 27 Dresses (Guilty Pleasure)
  • 3:10 to Yuma (Awesome western. Bale and Crowe have great screen chemistry)
  • 300 (Still in my top 10)
  • Absolute Power (This is just a solid movie all the way around)
  • The Abyss (Still great and quotable)
  • The Adams Family (Christini Ricci is so cute and young)
  • Adams Family Values (This movie is brilliant and better than the first)
  • Adventures in Babysitting (Still as good as when I first saw it)
  • Aladdin (I miss Disney musicals)
  • Alien (Classic)
  • Aliens (Classic and quotable)
  • Alien 3 (Better than I remember)
  • Alien: Resurection (Great quotes and little else)
  • Almost Famous (I never get tired of watching this)
  • American Dreamer (Totally 80s, but still holds up)
  • American President (I never get tired of watching this either)
  • The Apartment (Billy Wilder can do no wrong especially with J)
  • The Aristocrats (Fun documentary on a single joke)
  • Army of Darkness (This movie is more fun to quote than to actually watch)
  • Avanti (I'm surprised this hasn't been remade or updated. Solid movie. I mentioned this before, but Billy Wilder is awesome)
Moving on to the B's now....

No comments: