Friday, June 12, 2009

(500) Days of Summer

Description from Netflix: When his girlfriend, Summer (Zooey Deschanel), unceremoniously dumps him, greeting-card copywriter and hopeless romantic Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) begins sifting through the year-plus worth of days they spent together, looking for clues to what went awry. As he recalls the good and bad times he spent with the commitment-phobic girl, his heart reawakens to what it cherishes most. Marc Webb directs this uncommon love story.

I saw this and got a chance to photograph the director at SIFF. As I told the director, "You have dethroned 'High Fidelity.'" To which he replied slightly taken aback, "That is awfully high praise." "Completely deserved."

I *LOVED* this movie. I have not laughed out loud this much since "Shaun of the Dead." The tag line is perfect. "This is not a love story. It's a story about love." So true. So wonderful and so funny.

I will be seeing it again when it comes out in July. I think upon a second viewing there is a very real possibility that this will be in my top 10 favorite films of all time.

Everyone needs to see this movie. I'm adding the international trailer below for you to watch. I think it is a better representation of the film than the theatrical version.



Seriously. Go see it.

No comments: