Monday, April 27, 2009

Heroes

Heroes is a NBC show. It is in it's third season. I watched the pilot and didn't think much of it. People were going gaga over it and because my roommate at the time (Mark) watched it, I caught it now and then. One episode 3/4th the way in was a whole new level of writing and suddenly the series was good. Turned out that episode was written by Brian Fuller (Creator of "Pushing Daisies," "Dead Like Me" and "Wonderfalls"). I started watching it and I have been watching it all the way through the end of the third season. It has been picked up for a 4th season.

However, I am done with this show. Season 2 wasn't good, but it was watchable. Season 3 pretending that Season 2 never happened. It got worse and worse and worse. The only reason I hung on was because after Pushing Daisies was canceled they brought Brian Fuller back. Unfortunately, he could be the best surgeon who ever lived and still couldn't save this patient.

As far as I am concerned, future seasons of this show can sit on the shelf with the last two seasons of "X-Files," seasons 3-5 of "Alias," seasons 3-5 of "Gilmore Girls" and all of the seasons of "ER" after Juliana Marguiles left which seems to be in the hundreds.

No comments: