Monday, March 16, 2009

Movie Quote Game from Facebook

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB.com and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. When someone guesses correctly, write who guessed it and the movie.
5. You don't have to be tagged in this to play...but if you are tagged, please play along...

I'll start off easy...

1. Well, someone's got to break the ice, and it might as well be me. I mean, I'm used to being a hostess, it's part of my husband's work. And it's always difficult when a group of new friends meet together for the first time, to get acquainted. So I'm perfectly prepared to start the ball rolling. I mean, I-I have absolutely no idea what we're doing here. Or what I'm doing here, or what this place is about, but I am determined to enjoy myself. And I'm very intrigued, and, oh my, this soup's delicious, isn't it?

2. Burton Mercer: [to Trooper Daniel] Hi! Wanna hand me the mike?
[Daniel gives him the police radio]
Burton Mercer: Thanks a lot.
[speaking in radio]
Burton Mercer: Hi, this is car um...
[to Officer Mount]
Burton Mercer: What number are we?
Officer Mount: Five-five.
Burton Mercer: [to radio] Car 55. Um... we're in a truck!
[chuckles nervously]

43. [a baseball game is on television]
Ed Rooney: What's the score?
Pizza Joint Owner: Nothin' nothin'.
Ed Rooney: [not really listening] Who's winning?
Pizza Joint Owner: The Bears.

4. Grandpa: She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time
The Grandson: What?
Grandpa: The eel doesn't get her. I'm explaining to to because you look nervous.
The Grandson: I wasn't nervous. Maybe I was a little bit "concerned" but that's not the same thing.

5. John Bender: Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Those were the easy ones. Now for some trickier ones from some of my fave films.

6. Martins: Have you ever seen any of your victims?
Harry: You know, I never feel comfortable on these sort of things. Victims? Don't be melodramatic. Look down there. Tell me. Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving forever? If I offered you twenty thousand pounds for every dot that stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you calculate how many dots you could afford to spare? Free of income tax, old man. Free of income tax - the only way you can save money nowadays.

7. Walter: Mozart? Mozart is dead, his problems are over, help MEEE...

8. Robert: I never thought I'd find an answer at the bottom of a pint glass.
Cutter: Hasn't stopped you looking, has it?

9. Droz: What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

10. [Translating with a Swahili phrasebook]
Lyle: Pardon me, girls. I know you're feeling pretty hey sailor up here about now. But if you would just let me order a bowl of fried clams we can all have smallpox tomorrow morning.

11. Darius: Yes, I am in CATS. Now and forever. The way I see it, I was too young for Chorus Line, and too "happy" for Les Mis. I never did get that show. It's about a guy, who steals a loaf of bread, and then suffers for the rest of his life. For toast! Get over it.

12. Maude: David, you're like my own son.
David: I am your own son, Mother.
Maude: Exactly! Now, I endured twenty-one hours of hard labor to bring you into the world. The doctors begged me to take drugs, but I kept saying I wouldn't do anything to hurt my child. Well, I've changed my mind - you screw up with Elizabeth and I swear I'll kill you.

13. Eleonore: This year you bring a lady guest?
Jamie: Ah, no. There's a change of situation. It's just me.
Eleonore: Oh, am I sad or not sad?
Jamie: Uh, I think you're not surprised.

14. Diana: I watched your 6 o'clock news today; it's straight tabloid. You had a minute and a half of that lady riding a bike naked in Central Park; on the other hand, you had less than a minute of hard national and international news. It was all sex, scandal, brutal crime, sports, children with incurable diseases, and lost puppies. So, I don't think I'll listen to any protestations of high standards of journalism when you're right down on the streets soliciting audiences like the rest of us. Look, all I'm saying is if you're going to hustle, at least do it right.

15. Lloyd: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
Joe: By choice, man.


*****************************************************************


If you would like the answers:
1. Clue
2. Blues Brothers
3. Ferris Buellar's Day off
4. Princess Bride
5. The Breakfast Club
6. The Third Man
7. Money Pit
8. The Prestige
9. PCU
10. George of the Jungle
11. Jeffrey
12. Sabrina (remake)
13. Love Actually
14. Network
15. Say Anything

No comments: